History of Beau Site Convalescent Home
This prominent building, currently listed as 9 White Rock Gardens was originally built by the Brisco family in 1882. The building was given free of charge to the Governers of the Infirmary (situated below at White Rock) to be used as a convalescent home. Eliza Brisco and her two sisters founded a charity based in this building, named Beau Site Convalescent Home for the Deserving Poor.
The infirmary at White Rock was rebuilt soon after and officially re-opened in 1887 as the East Sussex Hospital (later becoming the Hastings, St Leonards and East Sussex Hospital).
The building was used as a convalescent home until 1958 and still exists today, named White Rock Mansion, a language school which includes accommodation for students.